Polo Ralph Lounge values its customers and respects their privacy. This Privacy and Usage Policy applies to personal information that we collect about you through our customer contact card, website and our mobile application (collectively the “website”). This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our latest products and services. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold to any other non-affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help this site function or assist us in fulfilling your order. This Privacy and Usage Policy only covers information collected on the website, and does not cover any information collected offline by Polo Ralph Lounge, including information collected at our stores.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain of that information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – Through this website, you will be able to purchase Polo Ralph Lauren merchandise. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Polo Ralph Lounge email list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our latest products and services.
- My Account – You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Polo Ralph Lounge, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize Polo Ralph Lounge to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing Polo Ralph Lounge to store such information until such time you elect to change or delete it. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of our website we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a Wish List of products you want and share the items on your list. You may elect to make this Wish List public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or email address.
- Email List – When you create an account with Polo Ralph Lounge, you will be given the option to be added to the Polo Ralph Lounge email list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for both our foreign and domestic customers. Also, include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Customer Service – If you call our Customer Care number, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Polo Ralph Lounge has no right to store your credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “My Account” (see above).
- Electronic Newsletters – You may sign up on this site to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from Polo Ralph Lounge. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, and email preferences.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mail from Polo Ralph Lounge, you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
Others with Whom We May Share Your Information
- Service Providers: We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
- Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Links to other sites
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the Polo Ralph Lounge website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
Polo Ralph Lounge goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service number and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Polo Ralph Lounge will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Polo Ralph Lounge’s practices regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of personal information follow the Safe Harbour principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, and enforcement.
- Notice – Polo Ralph Lounge will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we will use it, and types of third parties with whom we may share it with.
- Choice – Polo Ralph Lounge will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
- Onward Transfer – When disclosing information to a third party, Polo Ralph Lounge applies the notice and choice principles and takes appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Access – Polo Ralph Lounge provides ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so that you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security – Polo Ralph Lounge will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Data Integrity – Polo Ralph Lounge takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information the company collects is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information below and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our domestic and foreign customers.